New Patient Information
At Colon & Rectal Surgery Associates (CRSAL), our highly-trained surgeons and medical professionals specialize in the diagnosis, evaluation and treatment of patients with colon and rectal conditions and diseases ncluding colorectal cancer and inflammatory bowel disease.
Improving Your Quality of Life
We care for patients with conditions affecting the small bowel, colon, rectum and pelvic floor. Because we are specialists, we are sensitive to the fact that these private parts of the body may be difficult to talk about. However, we encourage you to share your concerns, because there is no reason for problems in these areas to go untreated.
Your Treatment Plan
We listen carefully to your concerns and review your medical records to build a personal treatment plan. Based on our careful evaluation, we will recommend medical (non-surgical), minimally invasive or open surgical treatments. Our compassionate and dedicated staff work hard to minimize anxiety and obtain the best medical outcome for you.
Working Together For You
We take a collaborative approach and partner with other physicians involved in your care. Their areas of expertise may include family practice (primary care), gastroenterology, gynecology, internal medicine, oncology, urology and urogynecology.
When you are ready to make an appointment
We appreciate the opportunity to serve you and value your time. To expedite the process, please have the following information available when you schedule:
- The reason for the appointment
- The name and contact information for your referring physician and primary physician if different
- Your current insurance information including policy numbers
- At the time of scheduling, our staff will inform you of any preparation that you will need to do before you see the physician.
Before your appointment
- Check with your insurance company to see if they require a referral
- Follow any preparation instructions given to you at the time of scheduling or sent to you in the mail
What to expect
- Bring any medical information or reports relating to your care with you.
- You will be asked personal information about your medical and family history. We encourage you to fill out the patient history form. You can download it at the bottom of this page.
- Make a list of all your medications and bring it with you to your appointment.
- Make a list of your allergies and bring it with you to your appointment.
- We will ask you for your preferred pharmacy information. We will enter your pharmacy name, address and phone number in your electronic health record. This will enable us to send prescriptions for you directly to your pharmacy.
- Bring your insurance card, personal identification card and a means of payment if you have a co-pay. We accept Cash, Check, Visa, Mastercard, Discover and American Express. For your convenience, you may also pay online at myCRSAL.org, call our business office to pay by phone 651-312-1505 or mail your payment to our corporate office.
Late Arrival Policy
- If a patient is more than 15 minutes late for an appointment, the appointment may need to be rescheduled. This is to insure that the patients who arrive on time do not experience delayed waits to see their provider. Should you arrive late, you may be given the option to wait to be seen at the end of the provider's clinic or you may be asked to reschedule. If you choose to wait, we will try to minimize your wait time as best as possible, however we need to provide timely care to our other patients as well.
- New patients are encouraged to complete the necessary paperwork using the patient portal. If necessary, it is acceptable to print the forms below and fill them out prior to arriving at the office. If you choose to complete the necessary paperwork in the office, you must arrive 20 minutes early. If the paperwork is done late we may need to see other patients who arrive on time for their appointment. You may be asked to
Cancellation and No Show Policy
- Our goal is to provide quality individualize medical care in a timely manner. Late cancellation and Now Shows create inconvenience and prevent scheudling of other patients who need access to medical care in a timely manner. Fees and deposits will apply to late cancellations and no shows. Visit our Cancellation and No Show Policy page for more information.
We appreciate your understanding with this policy so that we can provide quality care and servcie to all of our patients.
- Patient Registration Form - This form is a collection of your demographic information. This form needs to be updated every year.
- Patient History Form - This form documents your past medical and family medical history for our records. This form needs to be updated every three years.
- HIPAA Notice of Privacy Practices - This notice describes how medical information about you may be used and disclosed and how you can get access to this information.
- Release of Information Form - This form authorizes us to send your medical record to another medical provider or from another medical provider to us.
We look forward to meeting you!